On this page
Record (narrate) a presentation
From the Slide Show ribbon, select Record Slide Show.
More information on how to record can be found on the Microsoft Support web site: Microsoft Support: Record PowerPoint presentations (opens in new tab)
Export a recorded presentation as an mp4
Once you have completed your recording, you can export it as an mp4 video file. First, make sure you have saved your presentation.
- Click File, Export, Create a Video.
- Choose Internet Quality (or Low Quality for a smaller file size).
- Choose Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
- Click Create Video.
- Wait for the video to be created. You can see the progress in the status bar at the bottom of the PowerPoint window.
The resulting mp4 video file will be located in same folder as your PowerPoint file.
You can upload the mp4 file to Google Drive and add the link to Moodle to share with your students.
When you are ready to export:
- Select File > Export.
- Open the File Format list and select MP4.
- For Quality choose Internet Quality.
- Click Export to save it locally on your computer.
After exporting, PowerPoint will start converting your presentation to MP4 and the progress will appear at the bottom of the window as shown below: