If you already have a video ready, such as an MP4 video of a narrated PowerPoint, you can upload the video directly into the Panopto Video Library. The videos will then be ready to edit, add captions to, and share with students and colleagues in the Video Library.
Before uploading, get to know Panopto’s supported file types. These are:
- MP4 (The standard video format, playable on most operating systems.)
- MP3 (The standard audio format, playable on most operating systems.)
- MPEG-2 (The file format created by digital televsion signals broadcast on terrestrial television, sattelite, using a recording from live broadcast.)
- MOV (The Quicktime video file format.)
- AVI (The standard video format for Windows operating systems.)
- WMV, WMA (Windows Media Video or Windows Media Audio files, meant to be played by Windows Media Player.)
- For more detailed information Panopto Support offers a full listing and explanation of its supported file types.
Ready to upload your media or video content?
- Go to Panopto.
- Click Sign In to be directed to the Moodle login page.
- In the Moodle login page, sign in with your p number (without @brookes.ac.uk) and Brookes password.
- You’ll be redirected to your Panopto home page.
- Select My Folder from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click on the purple Create button on the top of your screen and choose Upload Media from the dropdown list.
- Click inside the box to open the file chooser in your computer.
- Select your video and click Open.
- Wait for the upload to finish. Do not close this screen until it is finished uploading.
- Once it is finished uploading, you can then edit or share the video.