To add a link to your course, you need to add the URL resource in Moodle:
- In your course homepage, turn editing on.
- Go to a section in your course and click Add an activity or resource.
- Choose URL and click Add.
- Give your URL a name.
- Type or copy/paste the URL into the External URL box.
- Give the URL a description if you wish, and tick the box to display that description on the course page if needed.
- You can display your URL in four different ways: Automatic — Embed — Open — In pop-up. Click the question mark next to Display for an explanation for each.
- URL Variables: this section allows you to pass internal information as part of the URL. According to Moodle Docs : “this is useful if the URL is actually an interactive web page that takes parameters, and you want to pass something like the name of the current user, for example. If you want to link to the student’s user report, then you add the base URL to the External URL field, and then in the URL variables section, add ‘id’ to the first field and select ‘id’ from under the site heading, and then save changes. The result is a URL that always points to the student’s user report”.
Once done, click Save and return to course.