Panopto is our new Video Library and video content management system.
Panopto is the industry leading video platform solution that will help us to provide video content to students faster (as it is directly integrated with Zoom and your Moodle courses), better (as you can create playlists and search in videos for key words), and with a focus on positive student engagement and experiences (start discussions, track student engagement, and more).
What does Panopto do?
- Plays multiple content streams including video of presenter, the presentation, and any videos played in meeting or session.
- Automatically captions and provides transcripts of video content using Automatic Speech Recognition.
- Built-in search capabilities utilise the transcript and any text in slides on the video to allow students to find just what they are looking for in any video.
- An online video editing tool lets you edit your video in any web browser.
- Any meeting recordings are automatically transferred from Zoom to the video library after the session is ended.
- The integration with Moodle is full and complete so all content is available automatically in Moodle for you to assign and/or schedule in different ways.
Activate your account
Panopto is already integrated with Moodle, so activating your creator account is a short few clicks away.
To activate your account via Moodle, you need to add the Panopto LTI activity in Moodle:
- Turn editing on.
- At the top section of your course click Add an activity or resource.
- In the activity chooser, choose Panopto LTI and click Add.
- Give the Panopto activity a name using the format [module code – type of sessions – recordings], e.g. ANML7006 Seminar recordings or ANML7006 Lecture recordings.
- Click Show more.
- In the Activity description field, type: All recordings from our online sessions are accessible via the link above.
- Check the box next to Display description on course page.
- Click Save and display. (You will be directed to the Panopto activity.)
- Click Open in Panopto (from the top-right hand corner). Panopto will open in a new tab.
Following these steps will activate your Moodle account in Panopto and give you your very own space in Panopto to upload and manage your video content, including making any needed edits to your videos.