A Page resource in Moodle creates a link to a separate Moodle page that displays content. The Text editor allows the page to display many different kinds of content such as plain text, images, audio, video, embedded code or a combination of all these.
Consider moving text, video content from the course page to a Page resource to reduce scroll on your course page whilst also organising your course content in a more structured manner for improved user experience.
To add a Page resource:
- In your course homepage, turn editing on.
- Go to a section in your course and click Add an activity or resource.
- Choose Page and click Add.
- Give your Page a descriptive and clear name.
- Give the page a description if you wish, and tick the box to display that description on the course page if needed.
- Use Page content to add a new page of information.
- You can add text, images, video, multimedia, embedded Youtube videos, and much more using the text editor.
- Once done, click Save and return to course.
Use a Page resource to improve the student experience
If you have course content (e.g. lengthy paragraphs of text, embedded videos, list of hyperlinks to useful websites) presented directly on the course page, this can lead to excessive scrolling and introduce clutter.
By moving content from the course page to a clearly-labelled Page resource, you can improve the student experience by eliminating unnecessary scrolling and making it easier for students to find what they need (see below).
Brookes TEL Support:
- How do I move content from the Moodle course page to a Page resource?
- How do I add a folder to Moodle?
Moodle support: Streamline your course page