To manually create student groups in Moodle:
- From the Navigation sidebar, click on Participants.
- Then, click the settings cog (top right).
- In the dropdown list select Groups.
- Click the Create Group button.
- In the next window complete the Group name and optionally Group description. Click Save changes.
- To add members to a group you have already created, click a group title, and then click Add/remove users.
- Select the desired names from the list that appears.
To select more than one name at a time hold down Ctrl on a PC (or Command on a Mac). Alternatively, use the Search box at the bottom of the Potential members column to find a specific name.
- Once you have selected the names you want, click Add. The names will then appear in the Group members column on the left hand side of the screen.