The version of the Turnitin integration we use in Moodle has been updated to version 2 and the new version gives tutors the opportunity to be notified when a student submits. These notifications are enabled by default for all users and tutors are able to turn them off for their accounts.
However, it is recommended to leave these notifications enabled, as they can work as proof that students submitted on time or evidence that students resubmitted a revised version of their work when they shouldn’t have. Email notifications, also, give you a better realtime overview of what is happening in a given module. For example, if you aren’t receiving submission notifications on a day where you expect to, this can be an early warning that something is wrong with that assignment.
1. Click Profile, then Preferences.
2. Click Notification preferences.
3. Find Turnitin Assignment Instructor Digital Receipt notifications.
4. Click to toggle from on to off for both web and email
To filter and archive email notifications from Turnitin in Gmail:
1. Create a label called ‘Turnitin Notifications’, so you can have them all in one place.
2. Click (top right) and select Settings.
3. Click Filters and blocked addresses and then scroll down and click Create new filter.
4. Type Submission made to assignment in the subject line and click Create filter.
5. Check the boxes next to the following options.
6. Click the label Turnitin Notifications from the sidebar on the left to double check that existing email notifications have been moved to that label.