Before you get started
This section applies to: Programme Leads.
We recommend setting up a YouTube brand account for your programme to store all related videos. The advantages of this are:
- You can add colleagues as managers, who can then upload their own video content. Even if you or your colleagues leave the University, the rest of the team will continue to have access to the content and the programme’s brand account.
- You can separate content by creating playlists specific to certain modules, e.g. you can create a playlist called ANML7006 with videos for that module and a separate playlist for ANML7005.
The upload process
This section applies to: Programme Leads, Module Leaders, Co-teachers.
- From the top-right hand corner make sure you are acting as the brand account that the Programme Lead created for your programme. If you are not sure, click on the account icon and make sure that the Programme title appears at the top (Figure 6).
- Click Create from the top-right and choose Upload video (Figure 7).
- Drag your video from your computer and drop it into the upload area (Figure 8).
- Under Details, fill in the following information (Figure 9):
- Title: give a title to your video (e.g. ANML7006 unit 1 lecture).
- Description: give some further details about your video, e.g. the topic, what was covered, when etc. Typing timings will create chapters in the final video.
- Thumbnails: it allows you to upload an image that is displayed before you click play on a video. You may or may not see this option depending on whether your programme’s brand account has been verified and thumbnails have been enabled.
- Playlists: click on the dropdown menu and either create a new playlist for your module or add it to an existing one.
- Audience: choose No, it’s not made for kids.
- Under Visibility, choose Unlisted (Figure 10).
- Click Save (bottom right).