We recommend making a copy of the recording and move it to the respective course folders that Panopto has created automatically for the different modules:
Make a copy
- Go to the Panopto LTI activity you have added to your module in Moodle.
- Click Open in Panopto (top right).
- Find your video either in ‘My folder’ (or in ‘Meeting recordings’ if it’s a Zoom recording).
- Click Settings, then Manage.
- Under Copy session, give a name to the copy of the video, e.g. module code of the new module and title.
- Click Copy, then OK. Panopto will direct you in the Manage window of the new copy.
- Close the pop-up from the X icon top right.
- Panopto will show that the copy you just created is being processed.
- Go to the original recording and repeat the process if you have more modules that you need to make the recording available in. Make sure that before you click Copy, you have name each copy appropriately so you can determine later which copy is for which module.
Panopto will need to process each copy that you have created.
Move videos to respective course folders
Once Panopto has finished processing each copy:
- Check the box on the left-hand corner of the video thumbnail.
- Click Move (from the button above).
- Click Choose folder or start typing to search.
- Click the arrow next to Moodle (not the word Moodle itself).
- Click on the folder that displays the module code and title of your course.
- Click Move (green button top right).
- Once the word Done appears click X Close from the top right.
Repeat steps 9-15 for as many copies as you have, making sure that in Step 13 you are choosing the correct course folder each time.