While it’s possible to schedule a meeting with yourself in Zoom, share your screen and record it, we don’t recommend doing so, because:
- You are relying on an internet connection to transmit video and audio and record it at the same time.
- Using a slow or unstable Wifi connection may result in video and audio dropouts. (What does this sound like?).
- Audio dropouts will result in Zoom not picking up your voice properly, thus not being able to transcribe the words you say.
- As a result of not transcribing your audio correctly, Zoom will produce illegible captions, which will be picked up by Panopto.
- You will have to spend a lot of time on correcting Zoom’s illegible captions in Panopto.