When students appear to be enrolled on modules in Banner, but these modules have not appeared in the students Moodle pages, it might be because:
- They have just added additional modules in Banner. If they have recently had a module added in Banner and the module is visible in Moodle to other students, it may be because Moodle can take up to 38 hours to update following a PIP/Banner change (depending on when the change was made). Depending on the load on our system, Moodle will synchronise its enrolments and courses with Banner at either 11:15am or 01:15am.
- You have not made the Moodle course visible to students. Make sure that you have changed the visibility of your course from Hide (default) to Show, when you are ready to release your course content.
- The course start date hasn’t passed. All SRS-linked courses in Moodle have a start date and before it is passed, the course will appear under the ‘Future’ section of the Course Overview block. Students will have to select ‘All’ from the top left hand corner of the block to see all modules.
- The course end date has passed. All SRS-linked courses in Moodle have an end date and when it is reached the course will move to the ‘Past’ section of the Course Overview block. Students will have to select ‘All’ from the top left hand corner of the block to see all modules.
- You haven’t updated Student Central with the information. All the information for module runs (staff and student enrollments, dates etc) for September 2019 onwards come from Banner. You will need to let Student Central know that you have new runs for September 2019, so they can update Banner, even if your modules have remained unchanged since last year.