Hosts can prevent students and other participants from joining a meeting before the host arrives, either globally for your Zoom account or on a per-meeting basis.
Prevent participants from joining before host globally
To prevent participants from joining before the host in any meeting that you schedule:
- Go to brookes.zoom.us.
- Click Sign In and enter p number (without @brookes.ac.uk) and Brookes password.
- Click Settings from the left-hand menu.
- Press Ctrl + F (Windows 10) or Cmd+F (Mac) on your keyboard and type Allow participants to join before host.
- Click the toggle on the right to become grey.
The change is automatically saved. From now onwards, when you schedule a new meeting, the setting “allow participants to join before host” will be automatically disabled.
Prevent participants from joining before host on a per-meeting basis
- Schedule a Zoom meeting in your course.
- In the scheduling screen, untick the box for Enable join before host.
This will prevent participants from joining before the host for this specific meeting.