To receive Forum notifications, you must be subscribed to a Forum or a discussion within a Forum. Sometimes you are not able to modify whether or not you will receive notifications (see Why do I receive Forum notifications?) but you can control how regularly you receive these notifications.
If you prefer, you may choose to receive just one digest email per day (sent around 5pm each day).
Manage for entire site
To configure your forum digest preferences for all courses to which you’re enrolled, complete the following steps:
- Click on your user account name at the top-right of your Moodle page, and choose Preferences.
- From the User account section click Forum preferences.
- From the Email digest type drop-down list (see below), select either:
- Complete (daily email with full posts) – receive one digest email per day containing all the posts from the last 24 hours;
- No digest (single email per forum post) – receive an email each time a post is made.
- Click Save changes.
Manage across a specific course
Alternatively, you may wish to control the digest settings for specific forums within a course; you can do this via a single page within a course by following the instructions below:
- Go to the main course page.
- Make a note of the course ‘id number’ in the URL:
- Replace the entire URL with:
and then enter the course id number that you identified in step 2 above; so, in this example:
- Then press Enter on your keyboard to go to the URL.
- On the resultant page, you will notice your current digest setting to the right of each forum in the course:
- To change your digest type for a specific forum, simply click on the current digest setting to the right of the forum and choose from the options in the drop-down list. Once selected, your choice will automatically be saved.