Every activity you create in Moodle appears in the course homepage, which is the first screen that students see when they access a course.
In cases where you wouldn’t want your students to access an activity via the course homepage, but instead you would like to include the activity link in a course map or for the link to be accessible only via the module handbook, you can hide the activity from the homepage and make the link work:
- From the top right, turn editing on.
- Find the activity you want to hide.
- Click Edit on the right of its title and choose Hide.
- Click Edit again and choose Make available.
The activity should now be marked as “Available but not shown on course page”.
- Right click on the activity title you just hid and choose Copy link address.
- Add the link anywhere in your course, where you would want your students to access the activity from.