On Thursday 13 January 2022, Moodle was upgraded to version 3.11. The new version brings a number of refinements in key areas: user experience, activity completion and user access as well as improvements in activities such as the Moodle Quiz with improved control over audio/video playback and word length in essay questions.
(click on images to enlarge)
Adding an activity or resource to your course?
Customise your activity chooser by ‘starring’ the activities and resources you use most often.
Looking for an activity’s completion requirements?
Completion requirements and status are now listed alongside activities and resources.
Is the embedded audio or video playing too fast?
Use the new audio and video playback settings for media recorded directly in Moodle to slow down or speed up the playback.
Figure 3. Changing audio playback rate.
Adding an essay question to a Moodle Quiz?
Set the minimum and maximum word count allowed.
Improvements and Fixes
iOS users can now play all embedded content that has been recorded using the Audio and Video recording feature in the Atto editor.
There is now a visible line separating all activities and resources.
Special characters have now been enabled in the Atto editor.
In the Grader Report, fail marks are shown in red with an x and pass marks are shown in green with a checkmark.
There is increased visibility and colour contrast for notification and messaging.
Assignment comments are also saved when you click ‘save changes’ in the assignment grader page.
Improved activity home page.
- View the grade needed to pass the quiz.
- View activity completion requirements.
- Links to view which students and groups have been given overrides.
- Choose whether to show or hide activity deadlines and completion criteria on the course page using activity settings.
- In the activity completion report, change the filters and settings to show separate groups, specific activities, or the activities in a specific order.