Draft submissions allow your students to check the originality of their work before a final submission. Draft submission dropboxes can be set up as any other submission dropbox in Turnitin, but without storing the student paper in the Turnitin database.
Add draft submissions to Moodle
To set up a draft submissions dropbox:
- Go to your Moodle course and turn editing on.
- In the section where you will add a draft submission dropbox, click Add an activity or resource (at bottom-right of section).
- From the activity chooser select Turnitin assignment 2 (towards the bottom of the list) and click Add.
- Configure the settings as outlined below.
- Click Save and return to course (bottom of the screen).
Configure assignment settings
When configuring a Turnitin assignment for draft submissions, make sure the following settings have been configured:
Turnitin assignment name:
Give a title to your assignment which will appears as a link in the homepage of your course.
Summary is an optional field, but it’s good practice to include useful information for your students, e.g. the deadline of the draft submissions, requirements for file names of the submissions etc.
Assignment Part 1
When your students will be able to start submitting their drafts.
The deadline for draft submissions.
Originality report options
Allow submissions after the due date:
Report generation speed:
Choose Generate reports immediately (students can resubmit until due date): After 3 resubmissions, reports generate after 24 hours.
Store student papers:
Choose No repository.
Choose No. Read more on this setting.
That’s it, you don’t need to change any other settings.