How do I reveal an individual student identity?
Click on the Turnitin assignment to enter its submission inbox. You can then reveal each student identity one by one by clicking on Anonymous Marking Enabled for each student on the left of the Submission Inbox. Using this method will not release marks to students.
How do I reveal all student identities?
You can reveal all student identities at once. If you use this method, you must hide the dropbox temporarily to prevent students from seeing their result. Work through the following steps carefully:
- Hide the assignment dropbox. This step is very important.
- Change the Post Date to a date in the past, for example, yesterday. This will reveal the student identities to you. Students will not see their mark in Moodle because the drop box is hidden.
- If a student were to log in to Turnitin UK at this point, then they could see their mark. However, most students are not aware they can log in directly to Turnitin UK.
- Now, change the Post Date to a date in the future; a date when you want results to be released to students. For example, after the exam board have met and after results have been released on PIP.
- The student identities will remain visible to you, but students will not see their mark, even if they log in directly to Turnitin UK.
- Optionally, you can now unhide the drop box.
Make sure the course total is hidden
Even if you hide an assignment, the average mark (Course total) for the whole module will be shown in the Gradebook. The Course total tends to be meaningless, as it averages all grades in the module including formative assessments. You should hide the total because it may give the student an idea of their assignment mark.
To hide the course total:
- Click the settings cog in the top right of your course.
- Click Gradebook Setup.
- Click Edit on the right of Course total.
- Click Hide.