Please note there are 2 versions of this style – the only difference is in how they deal with multiple authors. Check with your department if you are unsure which version you should use:
- ‘BrookesHarvard’ uses ‘et al’ for 4 or more authors in the bibliography.
- ‘BrookesHarvardAllAuthors’ lists all authors in the bibliography regardless of number. This is a requirement of some departments (especially in the sciences) and therefore we have provided an alternative style.
NB There are some variations in local practice at Brookes, so always check with your department about what they require and whether the style you’re using is acceptable.
If you are using EndNote desktop on your personal PC, this file is available from the Library’s help pages. The style file will need to be installed in the EndNote styles folder. If IT Services is installing EndNote on your PC, please make sure that they carry out this step for you. Installation instructions are available on the Library’s help pages if required.
If you are using EndNote Online (Web), you will need to make sure that your EndNote Web account is linked to your Brookes account – this is known as “roaming access”:
To check whether you have roaming access activated, go to EndNote Web and log into your account. Choose the ‘Options’ tab and then ‘Subscription’. You’ll see your account information which will indicate whether you currently have roaming access or not. If you haven’t got roaming access, sign out of your account and return to the EndNote Web sign in page, then follow the steps below.
- On the EndNote Web sign in page, click on ‘Sign in via your institutional login’ – NB don’t sign into your EndNote account at this point.
- Scroll down the list of regions and select ‘UK Federation’, then click on Go.
- At the Web of Science page, go to the drop-down menu under ‘Institutional (Shibboleth) Users Sign In’
- At the page ‘Which organisation would you like to sign in with?’ type in Oxford Brookes, select it from the results, then click on Continue.
- At the grey Brookes login page, login with your Brookes student number and Brookes password.
- You’ll then be returned to the EndNote Web sign in page. Sign in with your email address and EndNote password.
- Choose ‘Options’ and then ‘Subscription’ (as above) to check your roaming access has been activated.