Panopto is our video platform and video library. You can use Panopto to share with your students and colleagues the video recordings of all of your Zoom sessions, your uploaded video content, and all videos recorded using the Create button in Panopto. We recommend adding the Panopto activity to your Moodle course which will allow students to access all videos from one single space. You should also add the Panopto block to your Moodle course as this block synchronises your Moodle users with the related course folder in the Panopto Video Library.
In your ‘My Folder’ on Panopto:
For Zoom Meeting Recordings and other uploaded content, in order to edit the video, add captions, and make the video available to students, you will need to open the videos in Panopto first as they will not automatically be added to the course folder.
To locate Zoom meeting recordings and other uploaded content:
- Click on the Panopto Activity in your Moodle course to open the activity.
- Click My Folder (from the left-hand sidebar). This will included any videos you’ve uploaded and any videos you’ve recorded directly in Panopto.
- Click Meeting recordings. This will include all Zoom meeting recordings.
Once you locate the videos in your ‘My Folder’ you will be able to move videos to the course folder, which will make the video available to your students.
In the Panopto course folder on Moodle:
Moodle can be used to view all Panopto videos that have been added to the course folder. You and your students will be able to view these videos via the Panopto LTI activity.
If you need to edit these videos:
- Click on the Panopto LTI Activity you created in your Moodle course to open the activity.
- Find the video in the list and hover your mouse over the video thumbnail. The toolbar will appear.
- Select Edit. Panopto will open in a new tab.
- You can then edit the video.