In a blended learning or distance learning module adding a forums and encourages discussion and act as spaces for collaboration. You can use forums for information, Q&A, assessment activities, formal assessments for participation activities, and more.
To add a new forum to Moodle:
- In your course homepage, turn editing on.
- Go to a section in your course and click Add an activity or resource.
- Choose Forum and click Add.
- Give your Forum a name.
- Give the file a description if you wish, and tick the box to display that description on the course page if needed.
- Under Subscription and Tracking change the Subscription mode to ‘Forced Subscription’ to make sure all users receive notifications for new posts.
- Once done, click Save and return to course.
To add a new topic:
- Click on Add a new discussion topic
- Enter a Subject and Message.
- Click on Post to forum.
To reply to a topic:
- Click on the Subject title to view a discussion topic.
- Click Reply to respond to a particular thread.
- Type out your Reply.
- Click on Submit.